- 150 ml of the leftover liquid of ceviche
- 150 ml fish stock (you do this just by boiling fish bones and an onion for 30 minutes - just ask a fishmonger to give you a few bones. it is best if you do it with flat white fish. After 30 minutes get rid of the bones and sift through colander)
- the juice of an orange
- 6 leaves of celery (the leaves, not the stalk)
- 200 gr red onion
- a spring onion
- the juice of a lime
- a teaspoon of coriander leaves
- a red chill
- 6 raw prawns (much better if shelled) - you can also substitute the prawns for 120 g of white fish.
- sea salt
Boil the prawns (2-3- minutes in hot salty water). Take the shells off and mix the prawns, heads (squeezing them a bit) and shells with the orange and lime juice and a pinch of sea salt. Let them rest for 5 minutes in the fridge. Take the heads and shells off. Put the juice, prawns, ceviche liquid, fish stock, celery leaves, onion, spring onion, coriander leaves and chilli in a blender and blend until smooth. Put back into the fridge until you serve it (it only lasts for a few hours). If you find it is too strong then add a few ice cubes.
You can serve it as a cold soup in bowls. Or in glasses as an aperitif (in which case it is good to shift it through sieve so that the liquid is smooth).