Anyway, back to food and to the blog: this is a recipe for picadillo, the meat that is used to make chorizo.
- 1 Kg pork shoulder and 50 gr pork belly (minced together – ask the butcher to mince them)
- 1.5 teaspoons of salt
- 1 clove of garlic (minced)
- 4 generous teaspoons pimenton (paprika)
- 3 teaspoons white wine
- a pinch of cumin (powdered)
- a teaspoon of oregano (dried)
Mix all the ingredients (use plastic gloves for this or you will smell of paprika for the rest of the day) and let them rest for 24 hours in the fridge covered with cling film. Fry it in a pan with a tablespoon of olive oil for 10 minutes until it starts getting a bit brown.