This is a very simple family dish that never fails to please. You just need:
- - a duck
- - a couple of packets of Chinese pancakes
- - salt
- - 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- - four tablespoons of chinese all spice
- - a cucumber
- - a bunch of spring onions
- - plum or hoisin sauce (whatever you prefer)
Preheat the oven at 200 degrees. Salt the inside of the duck. Then make a paste with the olive oil, all spice and salt. Rub this paste all over the duck. Put it in the oven for 1.30 hours and then lower the heat to 175 degrees for another hour. When the duck is ready let it rest for 10 minutes covered with foil, take the meat out of the bone and then shred the meat with two forks.
When you are about to serve the duck, cut the cucumbers and onions into thin sticks. Heat the pancakes in the microwave for 30 seconds and let everybody assemble the pancakes (cucumber, spring onions, duck and sauce) It really could not be any easier.