This is another very simple fish recipe which is a winer with the kids.
You need (for 2 adults and three kids):
- three potatoes (sliced thickly)
- 2 tomatoes (sliced into thin half moons)
- 1 onion ( chopped or sliced)
- one steak of halibut or any other white fish per person (or one steak for each two persons if they are big)
- 1 lemon
- 3 tablespoons of white wine
- half a glass of water
- a teaspoon of chopped parsley
- olive oil
Preheat the oven at 220 degrees.
Spread the potato slices on a shallow baking tray. Put the tomatoes and onion on top. Add 4 spoonfuls of olive oil and the salt and mix it all well with your hands. Bake in the over for 30 minutes. By this time the potatoes should be soft and golden.
Salt the fish. Take the potatoes out of the oven and put steaks on top of the potatoes. Put the lemon juice and white wine on top, sprinkle it with the parsley and add a tiny bit of olive oil on top of each steak. Bake for 12-15 minutes until the fish is opaque (with the children is better to do it for 15 minutes) Serve it as soon as you get it off the oven.