Despite I have been cooking with my children for more than three years now and have introduced them to more than 200 recipes and all sorts of food, during the last school parent's evening I had the humiliation of reading how my youngest son had said (in writing!) that his favourite food is... Chili Doritos. On the basis of the principle that 'if you can't beat them, join them' I have showed them how to make guacamole this weekend. Big success. The Doritos in the picture are Cheese ones as the Chili Doritos disappeared before we managed to take the picture.
- two ripe avocados
- juice of 1.5 limes
- half a chill deseeded and chopped very thinly
- 1 tomato - tope very thinly (use only the outside of the tomato, not the seeds)
- 1 spring onion - chopped thinly
- 2 tablespoons of sour cream (you can use 1.5 spoons of philadelphia if you do not have sour cream)
- a handful of coriander leaves, chopped
Peel the avocados. Mash them with the fork. Add the lime juice immediately so that the avocados do not loose their green colour. Add all other ingredients. Mix well. Open a bag of Doritos. Job done.