- 300 gr butternut squash (cubed)
- one can of coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon red that curry paste
- half a clove of garlic (grated)
- half a teaspoon of grated ginger
- 2 tablespoon sunflower oil
- one tablespoon fish sauce
- 3 spring onions (cut into thick slices)
- juice of one lime
Optional for garnish: a few cooked prawns cut into chunks.
Very optional: coriander leaves (chopped)
Heat the oil. Over low heat fry the grated ginger for a few seconds, then add the grated garlic. Add the red curry paste and after a few seconds add the spring onions. After a minute or so add the butternut squash and the fish sauce. Let it fry for a couple of minutes and add the coconut milk and the salt. Let it boil and then simmer for 10 to 15 minutes. Add the lime juice and the prawns and coriander leaves if using them.
If you like textures in the soup you may want to add a few boiled chickpeas too.