This is a very fake version of tiramisu. It takes just minutes to prepare it and children love it. I had six boys at home today and had to fight so that they would wait to eat the last cup until we had taken a picture...
- savoyard biscuits (one and a half per bowl/glass)
- decaffeinated coffee (one cup)
- a tub of double cream
- two tablespoons of mascarpone cheese
- icing sugar (two table spoons, though this depends on your children's taste)
- drinking chocolate powder (we use Cadbury's)
- a little bit of dark chocolate
Dunk the biscuits into the coffee and put them at the bottom of the bowl. Whip the cream a little bit (soft peaks only)add the mascarpone and the icing sugar and spoon this on top of the biscuits. Sprinkle the chocolate power on top. With a knife or vegetable peeler make a few shavings of dark chocolate and sprinkle them on top of the whole thing. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
Making this is easy for the children. You need to double the amount of biscuits as they keep eating them as they go.